1. What is Lootfeed?
Lootfeed is a new financial application that helps gamers save money while playing video games.
2. Why should I care?
Lootfeed helps gamers:
- Who have a hard time saving money.
- Who are interested in saving for a goal – this can help: https://lootfeed.com/lootfeed_calculator.html
- Who feel unproductive or guilty when playing video games
- Who are or could be suffering from gaming addiction.
3. How do I sign up for Lootfeed?
You can sign up at our website, Lootfeed.com. Once there, please indicate what gaming platforms you own. Our current beta is currently open for Steam, with more platforms to come shortly. If you indicate you have an Steam we will send you an invitation.
4. How does this work? I have to sign into my gaming account and my bank account? Am I paying myself to game?
Lootfeed requires both a bank account and a Steam account. Yes, you are paying yourself. One way to think of this is you are in an arcade instead of giving your money away for each game you play, you are instead reinvesting in yourself.
This video explains the signup process: https://lootfeed.wistia.com/medias/tm9ft6cqze
- Enter your name, email address and create a password to use to access your Lootfeed account
- Enter your Steam account and Bank account info
- Choose between 25 cents to $2 for every hour you play on your Steam
- Agree to the $1 subscription and 1% transaction fee
- We withdraw the money out of your account at the end of the week (Friday) and place it into a savings account for the beta.
- We send a weekly email to alert you on how much you have played and saved this week. Your money can be accessed anytime.
- There is a $2 minimum for weekly transactions. If you have not saved $2 within a week, your balance will roll over until you reach a week when you have over $2 as your potential savings. That is when your $2 saving transaction will initiate.
Where does all of my money go?
We deposit your money securely into an FDIC-insured account.
6. How does the company make money? Are you taking a cut when transfers are made?
We are a $1 a month subscription service. There is a small transfer fee of 1% per deposit.
7. How can I withdraw my money?
Email [email protected] and we will send the amount you have requested back to you. We send money via Paypal or Zelle.
Who is the team behind Lootfeed?
Lead Developer | Link